Subscribe via Email
Live UK Power
Last 24 hours
- September global temperature falls 0.08C from August
- The Milankovitch Puzzle
- Ice Age insights
- GHCN August 2018 temp = 0.69C
- July’s Hadcrut4.6(3D) = 0.65C
- The relationship of CO2 to temperature
- The Birth of Continents.
- HADCRUT4.6 for June 2018
- UK Heatwaves and Climate Change
- Has Gaia really been explained?
- Spatial rainfall distribution
- Global Rainfall
- UK Power Generation 2017-18
- 19th Century Volcanic Eruptions
- GHCN-Daily Temperature Anomaly Results
- A new analysis of Global Land Daily temperature data
- Tidal effects on the Jet Stream this winter
- Berkeley Daily Temperature Anomalies
- Temperature Anomalies and ‘Abnormalities’
- Australia is not getting warmer. It is getting less cold !
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: Milankowitz.
The discussion on the ‘dust’ theory of ice age termination at Judith Curry brought a couple of other interesting papers to light. This has started me thinking again about how recent deep glaciations terminate. Such glacial cycles apparently now only … Continue reading
Attempts to explain the last million years of glacial cycles have concentrated mainly on the growth of Northern Ice sheets. Traditionally the summer insolation at 65N is thought to control the growth and extent of ice sheets, with interglacials coinciding … Continue reading
One of the great mysteries of climate science is the origin of the 100,000 year glacial cycles on Earth which have occurred over the last million years. These are interspersed with regular “short” interglacial periods coincident with a maximum in … Continue reading